There was much to be thankful for this Mother's Day; health, the fact we live close to family, and sunny spring weather. I was also filled with gratitude for these two women and for our close relationship with each other. It is said that you don't get to choose your family, but if I did, this is who I would have picked. Happy Mother's Day to my mom and happy birthday to my sweet sister and friend, Carrie.
As grateful as I was to celebrate my mom and sister, I was even more grateful to the three spirited blessings who call me Mom and fill every day with joy and discovery.
The morning started out slowly at home, where we enjoyed a breakfast of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream on our back patio, then we drove to Carrie's house to enjoy brunch around one o'clock. We ate on her back deck and soaked in the view of the Flatirons and had some delicious food. It was such a beautiful day that we decided to eat dinner outside, too!
After brunch, we headed through the back gate to the park to soak in the warm sun and enjoy the beautiful spring weather. We played some soccer, threw a Frisbee around, flew a kite, and had an all-around great time together. Afterward, we headed inside to cool off and enjoy some ice cream cake for Carrie's birthday.
It was a fantastic day, and many sweet memories were made that I will hold in my heart in the future. It warmed my heart to be together with my family enjoying the little things. I also had a number of people on my heart as we celebrated: my dear mother-in-law, a close friend who just became a mom the day before Mother's day, friends who have lost their mothers, friends who have lost children, and friends who long with all their heart to become mothers. While the holiday is a nice reason to many people to come together, I also know that it stings for some. My thoughts and prayers were with you throughout the day.








1 comment:
Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day! :)
Post a Comment