Well, another school year is underway, and we had some big firsts this year. Karamea started Kindergarten, and Kaylee is now in Preschool.
The transition from preschool to public school has gone well for Karamea. We decided to have her attend half day rather than full day for a number of reasons, and we're satisfied with our choice. At first, we weren't getting much information from her about what she does there, but she seems to like it. I've often heard that it is difficult to get kids to open up about what they do at school, but I had no idea it would start this early! Now that she has adjusted her new schedule, she has started opening up and telling us more. She especially likes library time on Wednesdays and going to the computer lab.
Kaylee will attend three days a week at the same preschool where Karamea attended. Her first day was the Wednesday after Labor Day, and she had a ball! Mark told me that she didn't want to leave when class was over.
She made me a picture, and was so proud to present it to me in the afternoon when I got home. She told me, "Mommy, I made something for you. Let me go get it from my backpack, but I'm not going to show it to you, because it's a surprise..."
She gave me the finished product along with a big hug and it just melted my heart...
I don't have any pictures of my first day of school this year, but it has started off well so far and I have some great students. I can't believe that this will be my eighth year teaching. I have learned so much since starting out, and life has taken me on some pretty significant journeys in that time.
It is so exciting to see our girls embarking on their own adventures and I look forward to seeing how they will grow and change throughout the year.

The transition from preschool to public school has gone well for Karamea. We decided to have her attend half day rather than full day for a number of reasons, and we're satisfied with our choice. At first, we weren't getting much information from her about what she does there, but she seems to like it. I've often heard that it is difficult to get kids to open up about what they do at school, but I had no idea it would start this early! Now that she has adjusted her new schedule, she has started opening up and telling us more. She especially likes library time on Wednesdays and going to the computer lab.
Kaylee will attend three days a week at the same preschool where Karamea attended. Her first day was the Wednesday after Labor Day, and she had a ball! Mark told me that she didn't want to leave when class was over.
She made me a picture, and was so proud to present it to me in the afternoon when I got home. She told me, "Mommy, I made something for you. Let me go get it from my backpack, but I'm not going to show it to you, because it's a surprise..."
She gave me the finished product along with a big hug and it just melted my heart...
I don't have any pictures of my first day of school this year, but it has started off well so far and I have some great students. I can't believe that this will be my eighth year teaching. I have learned so much since starting out, and life has taken me on some pretty significant journeys in that time.
It is so exciting to see our girls embarking on their own adventures and I look forward to seeing how they will grow and change throughout the year.


No comments:
Post a Comment