It has been a couple of months since Karamea turned 6, and I still haven't blogged about it. What can I say?! Life has been full and it has been a busy time for us. She finally got her present from Mark and me a couple of weeks ago, so I figure it is about time to write about it here. But first, we'll get back to the celebration this summer. [Better late than never, I guess..]
Karamea was so happy that her Uncle and youngest cousins arrived a couple of days before her birthday. We were busy fishing on the actual day of her birthday, so we had a big family party the day after. I was grateful we were able to come back home during the day on her birthday and spend time with her. I stayed back from fishing that afternoon to work on party preparations. Karamea was very understanding for a 6 year old and relished helping me prepare. She even let Kaylee help with decorating the cupcakes.
We were still fishing the day of the party, but just got the morning work done quickly so everyone could be home to celebrate this little angel.
Homemade ice cream is an important part of family celebrations at fish camp. All three kids were eager to help.
Karamea couldn't wait to open her presents, and I was impressed that she was able to read some of her cards this year.
She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the note and picture telling her that her gift from us was a riding lesson. Talk about a kid's dream come true!
She was also thrilled about her gift from Grandma and Grandpa: Her first BB gun! Each of the other grand kids received one when they turned 6, so now it was her turn. She didn't get to use it much, since we left fish camp a couple of weeks later, but it will be waiting for her for next summer.
It was a nice day with family, and we all had a fun time celebrating Karamea. I still have to pinch myself sometimes to think that it has been six years since she was born. We treasure her caring, helpful spirit, her energy and zest for life, and her gentle heart. It is truly a blessing to call her our daughter.

Karamea was so happy that her Uncle and youngest cousins arrived a couple of days before her birthday. We were busy fishing on the actual day of her birthday, so we had a big family party the day after. I was grateful we were able to come back home during the day on her birthday and spend time with her. I stayed back from fishing that afternoon to work on party preparations. Karamea was very understanding for a 6 year old and relished helping me prepare. She even let Kaylee help with decorating the cupcakes.
We were still fishing the day of the party, but just got the morning work done quickly so everyone could be home to celebrate this little angel.
Homemade ice cream is an important part of family celebrations at fish camp. All three kids were eager to help.
Karamea couldn't wait to open her presents, and I was impressed that she was able to read some of her cards this year.
She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the note and picture telling her that her gift from us was a riding lesson. Talk about a kid's dream come true!
She was also thrilled about her gift from Grandma and Grandpa: Her first BB gun! Each of the other grand kids received one when they turned 6, so now it was her turn. She didn't get to use it much, since we left fish camp a couple of weeks later, but it will be waiting for her for next summer.
It was a nice day with family, and we all had a fun time celebrating Karamea. I still have to pinch myself sometimes to think that it has been six years since she was born. We treasure her caring, helpful spirit, her energy and zest for life, and her gentle heart. It is truly a blessing to call her our daughter.



No comments:
Post a Comment