Karamea's 4 month well-baby check went wonderfully yesterday and she is blossoming into a happy, healthy, chunky baby. Our doctor was pleased with her chubby cheeks and legs. After all of the measuring was said and done and it was time for her shots, it occurred to me that this is, perhaps, the first time in my life where I care about numbers and statistics. I've never been one to follow sports and the numbers for my favorite teams or players, and I'm not a gambler (big surprise there...)But now, I care about our little growing Karamea's numbers. Not in a competitive way that some parents might, but out of sheer wonder at the growth and progress of our darling daughter and the miracle of watching her develop and mature as she begins to interact more with the world around her. In some ways, I feel like my heart grows bigger as she grows...
Here are her stats from the appointment:
Weight: 14 lbs 6.5 oz. (69th percentile)
Length: 25.5 inches (90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16 inches (42nd percentile)
Note: Karamea IS long...Almost everyone that sees her says this...and it is true! For her weight to length ratio, she is only in the 12th percentile...So 88 percent of babies that are as long as she is weigh more! Maybe she'll be lucky and end up taller than my 5'6"!
No comments:
Post a Comment