Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Gate of the Year

I recently read the above quote from the poem The Gate of the Year and it really resonated with me. Upon further research, I found out that the poem was published in 1908. One hundred years ago. It was read by King George VI in his Christmas message in 1939 at the outset of World War II. I guess some sentiments don't change much over time.

As this year draws to a close, and I look to the year to come, I hope that I will continue to be open to whatever life brings my way. There were many unknowns this year, and many times for concern, but Mark and I continued to hope and out of that came things that brought us joy. In 2009, as always, I will be trusting God wherever life leads.

Wishing you the best in 2009. -Kendra

photo: The Opened Gate by Steven Mitchell

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...