Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 Things

There is an e-mail "tag" game going around on facebook where you have to share 25 random things about yourself. I wrote mine and posted it there, and then saw that a friend who has a blog posted it to her blog as well. What a good idea! So for those of you following our lives here, I decided I would post it here as well. Enjoy!

1. I really like quiet. I rarely listen to music or have the TV on for background noise.
2. My only bike is the mountain bike I received from Santa when I was 10 years old. I used it all through college and it has been hanging in my garage since October 2007. It really is time to get a new one…
3. I am left-handed.
4. I am addicted to my snooze button in the morning…I set my alarm 20-30 minutes earlier than I actually plan on getting up.
5. I sometimes snort when I laugh.
6. I met my husband Mark in Kodiak, Alaska at his parents’ commercial fishing site.
7. I really enjoy picking salmon out of the net when we are commercial fishing—the only thing I truly hate is getting jellyfish in my eye.
8. When I met Mark it was truly love at first sight. Not infatuation. It was an instant, deep connection. I never believed that it could happen until it did.
9. Mark and I play cribbage almost every day!
10. I graduated college with three majors—German, International Affairs, and Economics.
11. Sometimes, when I am really looking forward to something, I make a paper chain to count down the days until that day arrives. (Yes! I still do this at 28!) The last one I made was counting down to the first scheduled induction for Karamea.
12. It took 2 inductions—10 days apart—for Karamea to be born.
13. Karamea is named after a river and hiking trail in New Zealand.
14. I’m not a big phone person.
15. I don’t text—in fact, I turned off texting services for my phone! (Sorry if you’ve tried sending one…)
16. When I was in high school, I was an exchange student to Germany. I still keep in touch with my “family” and hope to visit them again sometime.
17. I’ve never been to Canada.
18. When I see a beautiful sunset or a rainbow and someone I love is nearby but not aware of it, I shout, “Sunset alert” or “Rainbow alert”…A tradition that started when my family moved to Colorado when I was 7…Some things are just too beautiful to enjoy alone.
19. When I was 8, I was trampled by two horses. They ran right over my back. I might have had an out of body experience, but I might have just created that whole memory too…
20. Despite #19, I have never had a broken bone! I only spent one night in the hospital after the horse ordeal. I have no other way of explaining it beyond saying that it was a miracle.
21. I have never been stung by a bee or wasp, either.
22. I had my nose pierced when I was 21 and took it out at 23…I didn’t want to get married with my nose pierced…
23. I still haven’t ordered prints from my wedding…And we just celebrated our 5th anniversary last October!
24. My dog’s name is Bear, but he really loves it when we call him “Fluffy” in a really high pitched voice…something my niece started and kind of stuck.
25. I try really hard to live transparently and open up to others and it took a considerable amount of effort to compile this list!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...