---
It has now been two weeks since I left the fish site...Two weeks of being apart from Mark and Karamea. It has been hard, for sure, but I have been incredibly busy with my teaching responsibilities as the school year swings into gear as well as with packing and preparing for our move. It can be lonely at times, but I am grateful to be surrounded by family and friends. I did have a very bittersweet moment last night as I talked with Mark on the phone. He shared with me that Karamea had really found her confidence and was now walking much longer distances on her own. I sure wish I could have been with them, but I take comfort in knowing that I was there for her first steps right before her birthday. It will sure be fun seeing her walking around when she gets back here in about a week...and seeing how much she has changed over the three weeks we were apart.

No comments:
Post a Comment