Sunday, April 18, 2010

Two weeks

With one more ball in the air, the juggling act of our life has gotten a little more challenging (and fun!) and I haven't really had the time or energy to update the blog until now. We have had a few things on our social calendar (celebrating my 30th birthday, introducing Kaylee to family and friends, spending time with family, and saying goodbye to Mark's parents (who were absolute lifesavers in the 10 days they were here)) but really, we haven't been doing much more than changing diapers, feeding, keeping Karamea entertained, and trying to sleep. Here's a quick run down of how we're doing:

Kaylee is adjusting to life really well and is proving to be a content little human being. Every day she spends more time alert and observing the world around her. She eats well and is getting better at sleeping when the rest of the family wants and needs to sleep. :)

Karamea is amazingly loving and affectionate toward her little sis. If Kaylee isn't in the room, Karamea asks about her and wants to know she's OK. We didn't realize how grown up she was becoming until Kaylee joined our lives. She's using the potty more and more, using utensils when eating, and asking nicely when she wants something ("Peese!") She is also becoming quite astute at expressing her opinion, particularly when she disagrees with something. But overall, she has impressed us through this huge transition with her happy, agreeable demeanor.

Mark is, as always, a stellar dad and husband. He is so attentive to all of our needs and tries to make sure that I sleep when the kids are sleeping. I can't imagine doing any of this without him and I am thankful for his strength and patience when I am running on empty.

And I am enjoying every moment of time with the family. I got preeclampsia after the delivery and my blood pressure was really high, but the medicine is finally kicking in and it is back in the normal range. I've also been on an emotional roller coaster since Kaylee's birth (and no, it's not just the hormones in this case.) On one hand, there's the joy of adding a new member to our family and on the other hand, stress because my dad's health isn't doing very well. Right now, I don't have the time to delve into all of the emotions or details in this post, and I'm not sure that I will on the blog, but I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for our family.

Here are some pictures we've taken over the last 2 weeks:

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Kaylee is so beautiful! I want to meet her soon! I'm really glad Karamea is adjusting so well to being a big sister.

Tara Brown said...

What sweet girls you have! Praying for you and that with all the hard emotions comes peace! God bless your new journey as a family!

Christine said...

I'm just impressed that in the midst of adjusting to a family of four, you found time to blog. Good for you! Kaylee is beautiful and it sounds like you're all adjusting wonderfully. Congrats again! We're praying for your family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...