Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Take a Hike!

It has been a chilly, rainy spring and I have been chomping at the bit to get outside and move a little bit. On Sunday we finally had the weather I had been hoping for my whole maternity leave and we took a short hike on my parents' property to see the waterfall that flows in the canyon almost every spring. I remember hikes as a kid when I was 8 or 9 years old and we hiked as a family to check it out and now I had the chance to share that special place with my own child. Grandma and Grandpa stayed at home with Kaylee while Mark, Karamea, and I ventured out on our short hike. Here are the pictures I took that day.
Looking toward the waterfall--you can barely see it through the trees that have grown up. They weren't there when I was a kid.

I loved how the flowering bushes alongside the waterfall looked with the sunlight streaming in behind them.

Wading in the creek lower down the canyon. Karamea was not thrilled because the water was really cold.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Christine said...

Beautiful pictures. Looks like a fun hike.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...