Friday, July 30, 2010
We are all on a Journey
It occurred to me this week as I was traveling home that I spend more time praying and that I have a keener awareness of my reliance on God when I travel. Weather, connections, safety, and seating are some of the typical concerns. Not that I am afraid to fly; I enjoy it and love traveling. I just realize all of the things that have to fall into place to get from point A to point B on time and intact. As I mulled this over on the plane, it dawned on me that all of life is a journey and we are all going somewhere, starting from the moment we are born to the moment we take our last breath. Even if we never leave our hometown, there are storms to be weathered, connections to make, deadlines to meet, precautions to take, and people we encounter, share some time with, and then bid farewell. I hope that I will not soon forget this insight and will do my best to keep it in mind even though I won't be flying anywhere anytime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment