Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wordless Wistful Wednesday

This post started out as "Wordless Wednesday" in following with many bloggers who post a picture every Wednesday to convey something from their life. I haven't done this in the past, nor do I expect that it will become a weekly occurrence, but I just couldn't resist today. And then I had to change the title so that I could shed a little more light on my post. I guess I'm just not a wordless kind of gal. :)

I happened to be looking through some old photos today and they were all from the time when Bear was a puppy (December 2006). I scrolled through and thought about how much life has changed since then. I surprised myself with how wistful and sentimental I was about Bear's puppyhood, and then it occurred to me how much stronger this feeling will be as I look back at pictures of the girls as they grow. As excited as I am to see the young women they will become and experience all sorts of adventures with them, there will always be a place in my heart that just wants to snuggle my little babes and rock them in my arms. But it's OK. This is life, and this is exactly what we signed up for. Memories from this time in our life will be my treasure forever; every giggle, every hug, every "I love you, Mama." *Sigh*
Photobucket

1 comment:

Christine said...

Beautiful post. I couldn't agree more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...