Part of the reason I created this blog was to write down special moments worth remembering; over two weeks of Christmas break, many warm memories have been made. Most of them are of the everyday variety, just sweet little things the girls do or say that melt my heart or little accomplishments that make me proud. I realized that I need to write some of them down since I can't freeze these moments in time and the busyness of life will soon wash the memories away (or at least bury them in piles of other thoughts).
In no particular order:
-Kaylee adores the apron she received for Christmas from some family friends. Multiple times a day, she will run to the kitchen drawer where it is stored, pull it out, and say, "Ap-er....Help you?" And then bring it to whomever is closest to put on. She knows just what to do; she turns around and waits patiently while the strings are tied, then runs over to the kitchen table where she quickly pushes the cushions off the chairs and pulls the chairs over to the counter so she can climb up and help.
-Karamea has become such a big girl. Lately, she has been waking up on her own in the morning, going to the bathroom, selecting her clothes and getting dressed on her own (we see some very interesting combinations!), then coming down and surprising me as I sit in at the dining room table working on stuff for school.
-If Kaylee wakes during the night, she will call out for Mama or Daddy, and then say "Help you." When I enter her room, I ask her what she needs, and she is usually very clear about why she called us in: Blanket. Pa. Diaper. Doll. Wrap you. Wake up. Hold you? Light. Karamea...are you? (It is so endearing to hear her version of phrases...Are you? = Where are you?, Hold you = Hold me, Help you = Help me (or 'Can I help you?')) Kaylee also has gotten really good at "Uh-huh" and "Uh-uh" for yes and no. She will even nod emphatically as she says, "Uh-huh"if she really wants something.
-The other day at nap time, I decided that I should take a nap too. Karamea was quite sweet and took it upon herself to tuck me in before laying down for her own nap. She gave me a doll and her soft blanket to sleep with, and even said a little prayer with me before bouncing off to her room and heading off to dreamland herself.
-Kaylee woke up early this morning, and after a quick diaper change, I wrapped her in her blanket and snuggled her, giving her kisses and tickling her cheek by gently rubbing my nose on it...she relaxed like a little babe in my arms, we enjoyed some sweet moments of eye contact, and my heart burst with joy as I listened to her contented giggles.
-Karamea is starting to show more patience with Kaylee and they have some sweet moments of play together. Whether playing with their little people, helping me in the kitchen, or rolling, jumping, dancing, and frolicking in the living room, they make each other laugh and smile. Some of the time, anyway. Sibling rivalry is definitely there, but they are spending more and more time happy with each other each day.
-Kaylee has reached the age where she loves to dote on babies. She lays dolls in a basket or on the coffee table, covers them with her blanket and says, "Sleep." It is precious to see the love she lavishes on them-and good to know that we'll need to keep a watchful eye for over-affectionate sisters when a certain little brother enters the scene in a little over a month.

In no particular order:
-Kaylee adores the apron she received for Christmas from some family friends. Multiple times a day, she will run to the kitchen drawer where it is stored, pull it out, and say, "Ap-er....Help you?" And then bring it to whomever is closest to put on. She knows just what to do; she turns around and waits patiently while the strings are tied, then runs over to the kitchen table where she quickly pushes the cushions off the chairs and pulls the chairs over to the counter so she can climb up and help.
-Karamea has become such a big girl. Lately, she has been waking up on her own in the morning, going to the bathroom, selecting her clothes and getting dressed on her own (we see some very interesting combinations!), then coming down and surprising me as I sit in at the dining room table working on stuff for school.
-If Kaylee wakes during the night, she will call out for Mama or Daddy, and then say "Help you." When I enter her room, I ask her what she needs, and she is usually very clear about why she called us in: Blanket. Pa. Diaper. Doll. Wrap you. Wake up. Hold you? Light. Karamea...are you? (It is so endearing to hear her version of phrases...Are you? = Where are you?, Hold you = Hold me, Help you = Help me (or 'Can I help you?')) Kaylee also has gotten really good at "Uh-huh" and "Uh-uh" for yes and no. She will even nod emphatically as she says, "Uh-huh"if she really wants something.
-The other day at nap time, I decided that I should take a nap too. Karamea was quite sweet and took it upon herself to tuck me in before laying down for her own nap. She gave me a doll and her soft blanket to sleep with, and even said a little prayer with me before bouncing off to her room and heading off to dreamland herself.
-Kaylee woke up early this morning, and after a quick diaper change, I wrapped her in her blanket and snuggled her, giving her kisses and tickling her cheek by gently rubbing my nose on it...she relaxed like a little babe in my arms, we enjoyed some sweet moments of eye contact, and my heart burst with joy as I listened to her contented giggles.
-Karamea is starting to show more patience with Kaylee and they have some sweet moments of play together. Whether playing with their little people, helping me in the kitchen, or rolling, jumping, dancing, and frolicking in the living room, they make each other laugh and smile. Some of the time, anyway. Sibling rivalry is definitely there, but they are spending more and more time happy with each other each day.
-Kaylee has reached the age where she loves to dote on babies. She lays dolls in a basket or on the coffee table, covers them with her blanket and says, "Sleep." It is precious to see the love she lavishes on them-and good to know that we'll need to keep a watchful eye for over-affectionate sisters when a certain little brother enters the scene in a little over a month.

No comments:
Post a Comment