I can hardly believe that Merrick is two
weeks old already! He is a wonderfully mellow, content little fellow and
has been a relatively easy baby so far. I feel so blessed that he is
starting out as a good eater and sleeper and that we have been able to
get several 3-4 hour stretches of sleep most nights (last night being an
exhausting exception!) Here's the face of our little sleeping prince
charming who has brought us so many smiles already:
I have bounced back from the birth really
quickly and am feeling better than I did after having either of the
girls. My blood pressure has been a little high again, but nothing like
after Kaylee was born. The one big challenge we had was that Mark's
parents, the girls, and Mark all came down with a horrible chest cold
and Merrick and I had to keep our distance until everyone was on the
mend. Thankfully, our precautions paid off and neither of us caught the
bug. The girls didn't get to hold Merrick until he was a week old, and
they were over the moon when they finally got the chance.
Even
Bear has taken to Merrick and has been very interested in him since we
brought him home. Bear's interest in the kids has increased with each
one, and it was cute to see how he laid down right by Merrick's chair
during dinner and watched him one night. If Merrick cries, Bear howls
until Merrick is calmed. I'm sure they will have fun together as Merrick
grows. Bear is like our first child in some ways and we learned many
lessons in parenting as we adapted our family life to include him. It's
hard to believe he will be 6 in October.

No comments:
Post a Comment