Monday, April 23, 2012

Springtime Fun

I just LOVE spring! The longer days, fresh green foliage, bright blooms, and soft fragrance in the air make my heart leap for joy. Even more than that, I enjoy breaking the confines of the house with the kids once the air starts to warm up.

And it is yard sale season again, which makes my heart go pitter patter...OK, that might be stretching it, but it has been fun finding bargains on kids clothes (like 8 pairs of pants and shorts for Karamea for 10 cents each yesterday, a 50 cent pair of shoes, and with a fleece jacket they lowered down to 20 cents to make it an even $1.50). And I may or may not have already bought some 2T and 4T boy clothes that were in really good shape last weekend. But who can pass up pants and long sleeved shirts for $1 and short sleeved shirts for 50 cents!? A reliable source told me that past a certain age, good used boy's clothes are hard to come by, and I'm banking on that.

With the way time flies, Merrick will be wearing those clothes before we know it and my heart will be heaving a big sigh that my baby is that old...like it did when Kaylee wanted to be swaddled one evening, and then Karamea joined in on the fun...and before you know it we were snapping pictures of our three "babies" all in a row.
Easter was fun; We went to church, came home and started some stew in the crockpot and *tried* to get some family pictures before heading out to my mom's house for a lovely brunch of waffles, bacon, and sausage. This was the best picture we got out of 14 shots. Seriously. The. BEST. one.
After brunch, Merrick was napping and the girls were playing peacefully for the moment, so I asked Mom and J to babysit for a bit so Mark and I could go hike in the small canyon I hiked in often when I was a kid. I have been yearning to do this at some point before my mom's house sells, and it made me so happy to have the chance to get out and have some outdoor time with Mark. 
These may just look like gnarly old trees to you, but this clearing at the bottom of the little canyon was our playground as kids. Carrie, Smoyle (Carrie's best friend growing up--her nickname really is Smoyle), J, and I had a fort here. You can see piles of rocks where our fort's walls used to be.
The rest of the canyon was my stomping ground growing up and all the little nooks and crannies scrambling up the rock faces were just as familiar as when I was 10. Even when wearing flip flops. (Evidence that this hike was a total spur of the moment thing.)
A view back down at the house and barn from up on the hill.
Oh, what a glorious way to end the weekend and finish off my seven week maternity leave...it really did go quickly...

And here are some random shots of the fun times that have been had around here lately. I'd write more, but the week is starting and if I don't post this now, it won't get finished!
Photobucket

1 comment:

LindaCO said...

Love the swaddled children photo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...