Monday, April 2, 2012

They knock my socks off!

There are moments when my children utterly surprise me and blow me away with their understanding, kindness, generosity, perception, and humor...I don't get around to posting a lot of those moments here, but here are a couple I don't want to forget:

Karamea recently got in the habit of calling out for us after we put her to bed and one of her complaints was that she was scared. I remarked to Mark that I wasn't sure that she really knew exactly what that meant or if she had just heard it somewhere, so he asked her what it means to be scared, and she quickly replied, "It means to be frightened."

Merrick's face was a little milky after I finished nursing him last night, and I didn't have a burp cloth around to wipe his face off. I was looking around for one and only managed to say, "I need a ....." before Kaylee said, "Towel!" and raced from my side to the container under Merrick's crib where we keep the burp cloths and ran back with one just as quickly as her little legs would carry her.

These girls simply amaze me!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...