Sunday, July 22, 2012

Four Years Old

This past year has been a busy one for Karamea. Mostly, she has been going about the business of growing, learning, and enjoying all the typical things kids do. Some highlights for the year include starting preschool last August, where she had a fun time with her teachers and classmates two days a week. In February, she excitedly welcomed Merrick into our family along with the rest of us. March was a thrill because she was a flower girl in her cousin Kinsey’s wedding.

As I tried to pull my thoughts together for this post, I took a quick look through all of our pictures over the last year. Instead of recapping it in words, I thought a photo collage would do a good job showing how much Karamea has changed.

The other day, I was talking with Karamea a little about her likes and dislikes and thought I would record her comments here (with a little additional commentary) for posterity:

-She doesn’t like naps, having her hair brushed, going outside when it is wet, or being pushed away.

-She likes playing with play dough, drawing, painting, and can even write a few letters. Just in the last couple of weeks, Karamea started drawing pictures and writing letters without any guidance from us. She just picks up the Magna Doodle, draws something and shows us when she is done. I was blown away when she showed me her drawing of a whale the other morning!
Karamea's Orca
Horses!

-She also still likes sucking her thumb a little bit at night, but is gradually giving it up. She told me the other day that she plans on stopping when she is four. (We’ll see how that one plays out…)

-She LOVES horses, books, horse books, animals, her family, vegetables, and friends.

Same girl, same rock, at 1 year old and nearly 4 years old

Happy fourth birthday to our very sweet little angel and oldest daughter! It is astounding to think back over how much you have changed over the last four years, and how much your dad and I have been changed for the better by the experience of being your parents. I look forward to the joys and challenges the future brings and pray that as you continue developing and learning, you will retain many of the wonderful qualities you possess today as a little girl: happy, upbeat, healthy, helpful, curious, thoughtful, goofy, funny, caring, energetic, among others…

We love you, Karamea!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...