Kaylee delights us with her spunky, sparkly personality and has had some funny quips recently.
In the morning, when she wakes up, the first words out of her mouth are, "Time to wake up." Sometimes it is a question, sometimes a firm statement, but it is guaranteed to be her first utterance.
We've been working with her on saying, "May I please be excused?" and have had some moments of hilarity as she hams it up for the rest of the family. Most of the time, she would inadvertently (?) leave off the word please, but we were sticklers for including the *magic* word, and it has paid off.
She asks for most things very politely, and one day, I was giving her the option between canned pears or peaches (fresh fruit is very hard to come by where we are), and she responded ever-so-politely, "May I please have some parrots?" And it wasn't just that one time. Every time she talks about pears, she calls them parrots. Every single time.
I love the adorable mispronunciations kids come up with. We'll let her stick with calling them parrots, even if it does turn a few heads. After all, Karamea still has her popsticles.
In the morning, when she wakes up, the first words out of her mouth are, "Time to wake up." Sometimes it is a question, sometimes a firm statement, but it is guaranteed to be her first utterance.
We've been working with her on saying, "May I please be excused?" and have had some moments of hilarity as she hams it up for the rest of the family. Most of the time, she would inadvertently (?) leave off the word please, but we were sticklers for including the *magic* word, and it has paid off.
She asks for most things very politely, and one day, I was giving her the option between canned pears or peaches (fresh fruit is very hard to come by where we are), and she responded ever-so-politely, "May I please have some parrots?" And it wasn't just that one time. Every time she talks about pears, she calls them parrots. Every single time.
I love the adorable mispronunciations kids come up with. We'll let her stick with calling them parrots, even if it does turn a few heads. After all, Karamea still has her popsticles.



2 comments:
What a cutie! Some of their mispronunciations are so cute. I was a little sad this week when Aaron started saying "thank you" instead of "beep boo".
Too cute!!!
Post a Comment