Friday, September 28, 2012

Golden Glow

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I've been up since 4:45 and I've really, really been fighting the urge to just be grumpy, so I thought I would take a few minutes to post the pictures from our family outing to the mountains last weekend. Even though I need to do some work, focusing on something that makes me happy for a few minutes will probably pay off throughout the day. Happy Friday!
Every year, we try to get out and enjoy the fall colors. I've always loved the flush of gold that splashes the hillsides before winter comes and love any reason to get out into the mountains, so it is becoming a fun family tradition that we all enjoy. Here are posts from the last four years: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.


I didn't realize how much Karamea loved it too, until Mark and I were talking about some of the logisitics for our jaunt at dinner the night before. Suddenly, Karamea cut into the conversation: "Do you know why I have tears running down my cheeks? Because I'm so happy we are going to the mountains!" The precious girl was literally crying tears of joy. Be still, my heart! That, of course, got my waterworks going as well.
We stopped for a picnic on our way up the canyon, which ended up being a wonderful find and lots of fun. I'm sure we'll be going back for more picnics there. We were the only ones at the picnic ground. Even though it was next to the road, there was very little traffic.







We didn't really stop for pictures or any short walks after our picnic, since we had the noisemakers kids in back and they were basically missing their nap time. It was worth it, though. After we returned, I was feeling totally blissful, having spent the afternoon basking in the golden glow of fall in the Rockies. It was such a wonderful day for a picnic and we made some great memories!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...