Merrick liked the rocks about as much as he liked the eggs.
Karamea sang with the kids' choir at church this morning, which accompanied the adult choir for a few songs, and looked like a little angel singing her heart out. [I blurred the edges on the photo in case parents of the other kids don't want their kids' pictures posted online.]
The sermon was very moving and pointed out how much changed on Easter Sunday once people started realizing that Jesus was alive. There were many convincing examples, but I think the one that resonated with me the most is how the grief of Jesus' friends and family instantly turned to joy. I thought of how I felt after I lost my grandpa, and then nine months later, my dad, and realized what a true testimony that fact is to the resurrection. There is no switch to turn off grief, let alone to change it to outright joy. The fact that this happened for Mary and the disciples and is recorded speaks volumes.
We took some family pictures after church, and I was pretty pleased we got one with all of us looking. The exposure got a bit washed out, but hey, I still like it.
This is what it was like trying to get picture of the girls:
Then we came home for a delicious brunch. I made a strata in the crockpot and we baked a butter braid, so it was easy to pull everything together. We had a little time to wait before it was ready, so we played out in the yard for a bit before eating. Carrie helped the girls make a fairy garden and my mom played with Merrick.
After brunch, we took the girls for a little bike ride and played at the park for a while.
Then we came home and dyed Easter eggs.
When it was all said and done, I was fulfilled, but exhausted! Luckily, I was able to catch a quick nap on the couch before the kids woke up from their afternoon naps. I hope you and yours enjoyed a blessed, fulfilling Easter, too!






No comments:
Post a Comment