My childhood home is on the market again, so on Memorial Day, we took the opportunity to go and hike around a bit in my old stomping grounds, realizing it could be the last time we're able to spend time there. I consider myself extremely blessed to have spent the bulk of my childhood and teenage years roaming around in these hills.
For years, my siblings and I, along with our friends, had forts up in these dwarf trees where we made rock walls. In order to help encourage my little brother to help us out, we gave him the title of "High Rock Lifter".
All four seasons are beautiful here, but there is something about Springtime that is absolutely magical. Flowers blanket the hillsides, water flows through the canyon, and everything looks green and alive.
I was happy the girls enjoyed climbing up the canyon like little mountain goats. Having them along limited how far we could go and made it a little more strenuous, but it was special to share this place and the joy of exploring with them. They were so proud to be hiking along with us.
The view from the ridge is incredible. Seeing the world from this perspective always humbles me.Home sweet home. I hope the next owners experience as much joy here as my family did over the last 26 years.












1 comment:
Stunning views up there! You were so fortunate to have been able to spend your childhood there. I'm sure it's bittersweet to see it on the market and possibly say goodbye to it soon. Hope you guys made it to AK ok!
Post a Comment