Ever since having kids, we have documented our departure to Alaska at the airport. It is fun to see our family grow and change over the years. Here's this year's photo, along with a few more from the journey that followed. (And yes, I did chop my hair...I wanted something easy for the summer)
Here's a brief timeline of our travels (times are approximate; I'm too lazy to look at our actual itinerary)
- 2:30 pm - leave home
- 4:00 pm - check in
- 6:25 pm - departure from Denver
We don't normally allow Kaylee to have her pacifier except for at night, but missing a nap and flying through the night was a good cause for making an exception to the rule.
- 8:00 pm - arrive in Seattle; play time in Kids' play area
This is the best children's area I have ever been to at an airport. THANK YOU and kudos to the Seattle-Tacoma Airport for helping out weary parents! It is worth going out of the way to get to this place!
An accidental bump occurred when the girls were playing with some other kids under the slide. Thankfully, it was Karamea and Kaylee bumping into each other and not someone else's kids. The swelling went down after applying ice, and Karamea was back to herself in no time.
The girls even had time for a pretend snooze under the slide.
- 11:50 pm - departure from Seattle
- 2:30 am - arrive Anchorage; nap/hang out in nursery
- 6:30 am - departure from Anchorage
- 7:30 am - arrive in Kodiak (9:30 am MDT)
Merrick's look pretty much sums up how we all felt. We are so thankful to have this journey behind us! I have never been a big fan of the red-eye flight, but it was our only option this year. Here's hoping that we have a better itinerary next time!











No comments:
Post a Comment