2 Corinthians 1: 3-53Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
---
As I read the Bible tonight in preparation for my small group study tomorrow, this verse made me stop in my tracks and weep. I don't know if I have never read the verse before, or if it just seemed to have a spotlight shining on it because it so aptly describes the state of my heart recently, but I was amazed.
As saddened as I am by the fact that my dad is no longer living among us, and even though I miss him immensely, I have also felt an indescribable peace about how things have changed in our family. This is not to say that I never cry or feel sad, but deep down, I have peace in my heart, even when I am sad. And so far, that was the best I was able to describe it. But when I read the verses above, particularly verse 5, I was absolutely blown away because the last two words are exactly what I have been experiencing: comfort overflows.
I hope and pray that I will be able to extend that comfort to others when they need it most.


1 comment:
What a beautiful post Kendra! I love when verses "jump off the page" at us and we know God is speaking directly to our hearts. I'm so happy to hear that in the midst of your mourning, there is peace.
Post a Comment