She had her 9 month well baby check Monday and everything went well. It really is true what they say about being more relaxed about everything the second time around. There were no shots at this visit, so things went smoothly aside from the fact that Kaylee has a little more stranger anxiety right now and wasn't a fan of being laid on the cold exam table.
Growing - She now weighs 23 pounds, 13 ounces (99th percentile) and is 28.5 inches long (82nd percentile) and her head circumference is 17.5 inches (65th percentile). Not that those numbers are really interesting to anyone besides me, I post them here mostly for my own benefit so as I look back at the blog in the future, I can see a snapshot of what Kaylee was like at this stage. I have found the blog to be an amazing way to look back at how the kids have grown--a virtual scrapbook of sorts. She quite nearly got her two front teeth for Christmas, but they didn't cut through until December 31. So she now has 4 teeth.
Eating - New veggies this month: broccoli. We also added some protein: chicken, yogurt, and cheeses: cottage, cream, colby-jack. She loves her finger foods: cheerios, small chunks of cheese, frozen bits of sweet potato, and banana.
Moving - Kaylee is getting faster and faster at crawling, standing much more (even unsupported for a second or two!) and is now creeping along furniture. She even transfers well from one piece of furniture to another. If I had to make a bet, I would guess that she will take her first steps around 10 months, but time will tell, and the next month will be here before we know it! She just started waving recently as well, which is so much fun to experience.
We've had alternating weeks of being sick and well over the last month, so that translates to not many photos being taken...The girls both have colds again this week, so these pictures from Christmas will have to do for now. We opened presents on the 26th since Kaylee and I had the stomach bug on Christmas Day. Ugh. Needless to say, it wasn't the ideal Baby's First Christmas. But that didn't bother this Mama-who-has-learned-to-roll-with-the-punches too much.




1 comment:
Wow, I can't believe how fast time goes! I feel like you just had her! She is absolutely beautiful and growing so fast!!!
Post a Comment