Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pregnancy Progress

I didn't really track details of my pregnancies with Karamea or Kaylee, and I thought it would be fun to record some observations of how this third pregnancy has been progressing, since we are planning on this being our last pregnancy.
How far along: 21 weeks
Size of Baby: about 7 inches long and weighs 10-11 ounces, or about the size of a banana.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: about 17 pounds...I'm not a big fan of tracking this part, and honestly haven't paid too much attention except I had a prenatal check-up on Wednesday.
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much exclusively for about the past few weeks, though I have a few stretchy non-maternity tops that are still working, but not for long...Thankfully, a good friend lent me some of hers and I have some more choices.
Gender: It's a boy! We've been getting some used boy clothes at garage sales and also as hand-me-downs from friends and it is really thrilling to envision a little BOY after nearly three and a half years of girl everything. I can't explain why holding the clothes and imagining our son wearing them helps it sink in, but it does. Having a boy will definitely be a paradigm shift, but in a good and exciting way! 
Movement: I've just started feeling regular definite movement this week. This seemed a little late to me and was explained during the ultrasound by the fact that the placenta is located anterior (up front), acting as padding, which makes it harder to sense movement.
Sleep: Would be no problem, if I didn't have so much grading and planning for school. (or if I would just turn off the computer and just get to bed earlier!)
Symptoms:  I have been had a bit more hip pain this week, but walking seems to help. I'm also noticing that I am starting to feel winded when chasing the girls around or going up the stairs...but that could also just mean that I need to walk more! :)
Best Moment This Week: Starting to feel more movement and getting to see him again (and proof that he is a HE) when I had to go in for a follow up ultrasound. Nothing was wrong, but there were just a few things they didn't see the first time around because of his size or position.
What I'm Most Looking Forward To: Sharing his name! We're super close to nailing down his name, and just want to have a little time to let it sink in for ourselves before sharing it with the world. Mark and I are super blessed that we have agreed easily on names and this time, it was between 2 that we both really liked. We're set on the first name, and just have to make a decision on a middle name at this point. So much fun!
 
*Thanks to two of my other blogging friends for the idea for the update format and categories...I can't claim it as my idea at all!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love pregnancy updates! Can't wait to hear your little boy's name. You look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...