Monday, February 13, 2012

38 Weeks and Counting

Well, it is now a week away from the induction date and I am starting to feel like this:
Up until about five days ago, I was getting around pretty well, sleeping soundly, and was all around comfortable. I even mentioned to Mark how I didn't feel like I was really eight and a half months pregnant! But now that I am 38 weeks, I am feeling the toll that carrying a little (or maybe not so little) one can take on the body. I only have a few nice maternity tops for teaching that are still long enough to cover my growing belly, which is a good thing since my last day in the classroom will be Wednesday!

At my checkup on Friday, my doctor reminded me not to get discouraged if I hadn't progressed at all, and I told her that I would be freaking out if I had, because I still had so much to get ready for my long term substitute. Luckily, the baby hadn't dropped and I was barely dilated to 1.5 cm, so I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Don't get me wrong. I am super excited to meet the little guy! So I pulled a rally, got up super early each morning all weekend and finished up my unit plans, along with most of the grading I needed to do. I'm now feeling much more ready.  There is still a part of me that feels bittersweet about the upcoming birth. This is the last baby we plan on having, and the thought of being done with this phase of my life (with all its joys and struggles) is a little sad.

We are both incredibly laid back regarding welcoming our son; I think since he is our third and we have come to realize that we just don't know how things will go...so we aren't worrying about trying to control things. On Sunday, I pulled out the good old diaper bag and realized that we didn't have any newborn sized diapers yet! I'm so glad I am almost done with work stuff so I can focus on some of the little things that we need to do around here to be ready. I started getting my hospital bag packed last night, just in case...

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...