Friday, February 17, 2012

Getting Excited

Ahh...I can finally relax and allow myself to get truly excited about welcoming our son in just a few days...Yesterday was my last day of work and I wrapped up all the details necessary so that I can truly just focus on our family for the next six weeks.
Last Day of Work*
It has been a long process over the last month and a half; I have spent a lot of extra hours planning and getting things ready for my maternity leave and I can't even begin to express the weight I felt lifting as I left the school at 5:20 yesterday. I know my classes will be in excellent hands with the long term substitute, and I feel good that I have given her ample materials and plans so that her job isn't too difficult. I care about all of my students and colleagues a lot, but it will be easy to detach for a little while, especially when I get this welcoming little kiss minutes after arriving home yesterday:
And now that I'm done with work for a while, I am getting really excited about the birth and meeting our son!  Really excited doesn't begin to come close to expressing how I feel, but adequate words (giddy? exuberant? eager?) are failing me right now, so it will have to do. The plan is still that we will go in to be induced on Monday morning, but I'm open to that changing if it has to (or if he decides to arrive early on his own!) In the meantime, we'll enjoy the time with Mark's parents in town and just have some fun as a family!

*Yes, I am standing belly-to-belly with another pregnant teacher in the picture above...I figured she might not want to be on my blog, so I cropped her out (mostly!) And the principal was our photographer! :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

LoWo said...

I'm so excited for you and your family Kendra! Good luck :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...