Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Broccoli Bandit

As I was unpacking the groceries after Mark returned from the store with the girls today, I noticed that he had picked up a crown of broccoli. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but we already had 3 in the fridge. I mentioned this to him and he replied that he knew, but that he had to buy that one because someone had taken a bite out of it. Apparently, Karamea was walking along, and she stopped in front of the broccoli display, leaned forward, and took a bite. Um, yeah.
At first, I was disappointed that my child had sneaked food at the grocery store, but as I thought about it more, I couldn't help but giggle a little at the fact that the thing Karamea was not able to resist was broccoli. Not fruit, not candy, but broccoli. Both Mark and I talked with her and she now knows that we can't just eat whatever we want at the store...but I couldn't resist serving it up as a snack this afternoon and getting a couple pictures with our broccoli bandit and her sidekick taking turns eating their loot. They were absolutely thrilled we let them eat it in one big piece instead of cut up like I normally serve it...


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...