FOUR Months!
He really likes to be sitting up and facing out so he can see the world and smile at all the friendly faces around him, and he keeps his head up really well when being pulled into a sitting position. Merrick rolled from his stomach to his back the other day and it seems like he is getting very close to rolling from his back to his tummy.
Merrick already has a very special relationship with each of his sisters and smiles and laughs a lot when they are talking to him. They both love him so much!
Karamea is very caring and attentive to Merrick's needs. If he’s
fussy, she’ll try to calm him and tell him everything will be OK. She often
tells him about what we’re doing, or just tries to get him to laugh by doing a
little baby talk.
Kaylee can’t get enough of Merrick. She dotes on him and brings
toys to share, keeps track of his pacifier, and gets so excited that she just
can’t contain herself. Often times, she is so exuberant that she literally
bounces around and we have to intervene just to look out for Merrick’s well
being. Everything she does is done in love, but is done with such gusto that it
is just a little too rough for an infant. Most of the time, he is surprisingly
tolerant of her being right in his face, but he also voices his discontent at
times.
Sleeping is still going pretty well, he usually just wakes
once a night to nurse and then goes back to sleep. Merrick still loves being
swaddled to fall asleep, as long as his legs are stretched out. Around the time when we were traveling to Alaska and
settling into our summer lifestyle, he was a little fussier. It could have been
the transition, or change in diet, but I think it was that I was nursing him in
bed for his night feeding and then he was uncomfortable later. Who knows, all I
know is that I’m glad it was short lived!
I am in awe of what a blessing Merrick is for our family and I’m looking forward to seeing the changes the next month brings. I cherish every snuggle, giggle, and coo and am tucking all of these tender moments away in a very special place in my heart, since we don’t plan on having any more children.
I am in awe of what a blessing Merrick is for our family and I’m looking forward to seeing the changes the next month brings. I cherish every snuggle, giggle, and coo and am tucking all of these tender moments away in a very special place in my heart, since we don’t plan on having any more children.






5 comments:
When I saw this post/photo in my feed, I could not believe that was Merrick! He is growing SO quickly! He's quite a handsome little guy too. Love to read the updates. :)
He really has changed over the last month. Wow!
It's fun to watch your family grow together.
-Callie
Wow he is getting so big! Glad you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment