Sunday, July 28, 2013

Celebrating Karamea's 5th Birthday


We couldn’t have asked for a more glorious day on Karamea’s birthday. The sun was shining, the temperatures were in the 70s, there was just enough of a breeze to keep the bugs off, and we weren’t fishing, so we had plenty of time to enjoy time together as family.

We took a 4-wheeler ride down the beach about a mile or so, and found a patch of salmonberries that was thick with ripe berries. After eating our fill, we ventured down the beach and explored at low tide for a bit. The girls counted starfish, but after a while, we all lost count.
As the tide was coming in, we made our way back to the 4-wheeler and the kids found a shallow creek to stomp and splash in, which gave Mark and I the chance to kick back on the beach for a couple of minutes relishing the sun and the antics of our family.
After lunch, the kids spent some time swimming in their wetsuits before naptime. They really had fun floating with their life jackets on and jumping off of a big rock just offshore.
While the kids napped, I started getting things decorated for Karamea’s party and setting up for the fire pit. For dinner, we roasted hot dogs, and toasted a few marshmallows, even though we would be having cake and ice cream in a little bit. A fire pit didn’t seem quite complete without them. Kaylee even shared a few nibbles of her marshmallow with Merrick.
My mother-in-law and Mark got to work on the homemade ice cream as we all headed back inside to open gifts before having cake and ice cream. Karamea asked for a farm cake this year, and she even helped me make and decorate it the day before her birthday. We used some of her plastic farm animals and colored the frosting and some flaked coconut green, and the result was pretty cute. Karamea arranged all of the animals herself and was pleased with her handiwork.
All in all, it was a wonderful day and as I put the girls to bed, we recounted everything we had done and I asked them their favorite part of the day. Karamea said cupcakes, ice cream, and presents and Kaylee liked the fire pit. Later, when I finally went to bed, I tried to think of what my favorite part of the day was…and couldn’t pick just one thing. If I had to settle on just one, I would have to say the whole day of carefree time with family was my favorite…
Happy birthday, Karamea!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...