Friday, October 11, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Note: September was a busy month for us, so that means I'm going to have to rewind a bit to catch up on some of the fun things I want to share and remember. I hope to crank out a few posts by the end of the weekend...

Around here, Labor Day weekend means Tour de Fat, a wacky, zany event put on by a local brewery featuring a bike parade with thousands of participants and some of the craziest costumes and bikes you have ever seen. The energy is infectiously happy and people are friendly and having fun (and not just because of the beer, I promise!)  It was a perfect opportunity to break out the cowboy hats Mark bought at a garage sale last spring. Here are some of the pictures I took:
 
One of my favorites was when Santa came riding by...The look on Karamea's face afterward was PRICELESS.

After the parade, we were hot, sweaty, and tired. So we visited a friend and colleague of mine and went swimming in her neighborhood pool for the last weekend of the season.
On Labor Day, we helped my mom begin the process of packing and preparing for her move. In the evening we headed to the park and got the very last ride on the train. They put it away after the girls' last trip and it won't be out again until Memorial Day weekend.
It was a full, but very fun weekend saying goodbye to summer and hello to fall!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...