Friday, October 25, 2013

Merrick at 20 Months

Oops! It was a busy week and I didn't have time to work on Merrick's update...here it is a few days late!
Merrick can parrot almost any word we say now. He uses a lot of words, and it is hard to keep track of everything he says. Some recent ones include: broccoli, oh no!, necklace, horses, base (for basement). Many of his two syllable words still end with -kick...Neck-kick, blank-kick, pump-kick, thank-kick. He is really getting into saying animal noises besides dog and bear. Some recent favorites include rooster (doodle-oo), and horse (ney-eheh), cat (ni-auuuu). And when he says please these days, it is drawn out into one long "pleeeeeeeeeease".

He loves keeping up with the girls and wants to do whatever they are doing, be it reading, bike riding, running in the park, or jumping off of furniture onto an exercise mat.
Merrick and Kaylee share a special bond and love playing together. They laugh so hard at each other sometimes, that it gets the rest of us rolling as well!


Merrick has just recently started wearing 18 month clothes, but he still wears some 12 month items. His coordination is getting better and he loves running around the loop between our kitchen, dining room, and living room.

He sleeps soundly all night and is happy to go to sleep at bedtime. Recently, after I read him a story, I set him down to pick out another book, and instead of going for the books, he ran to his crib, grabbed onto the railing, and said "Seep!" On evenings when I put him to bed, I hug him and say a prayer, lay him in his crib, cover him, say goodnight, and we usually don't hear a peep until morning.

Maybe it is because he is busy growing, learning, and tiring himself out all day. He is such an active, curious, happy kid!
Photobucket


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...