With the traveling that Mark and I both did before we knew each other and since we have been married, and because we migrate to Alaska every year, one would think that we would readily pack up the family and take little trips throughout the year. And they would be wrong. Ever since having kids, we have, for the most part, been happy little homebodies. Our breaks are normally spent doing home projects and having little excursions around our region, but rarely spending the night away from home base. Thankfully, our family trip to Las Vegas over New Year's helped us break out of our little rut and realize that traveling with kids could be fun.
For a long time, we have talked about taking a mini-vacation for a night or two in Denver to enjoy some of the family friendly outings there, and over Spring Break, we finally did it! Not only did we have a ton of fun, it was super affordable, thanks to some of our modern-day technology and marketing. I was able to buy some half-off vouchers for the Zoo a few months ago through Living Social, and I booked our hotel through Hotwire. (I promise this post is not sponsored!) I made sure that the hotel had an indoor pool and free breakfast by narrowing my search, and we got the Rodeway Inn by I-70. One additional perk I didn't know the hotel offered was free dinner. It wasn't the best food ever, but it was free! And not having to go to a restaurant gave us more time for swimming after dinner.
I only took a few photos at the hotel:
Merrick in the rollaway crib. He managed to grab Mark's hat from the table nearby and was amused with himself for the mischief.
The view from our room. We were close to the interstate, but couldn't hear anything from our room.
Mark and the girls in the morning. Karamea was singing along to the music on the clock radio.
Here is the run down of our trip (excluding gas):
Zoo: Tickets - $16 (regular price - $50) + $12 for carousel and train rides + $3.25 for popcorn
Hotel: ~$87 (including taxes)
Children's museum: $45 (no discount)
Total: $163.25! Not bad for a family of five for for two fun-filled days! I have a ton of pictures I want to share, so I'll be doing separate posts for each of our outings.

For a long time, we have talked about taking a mini-vacation for a night or two in Denver to enjoy some of the family friendly outings there, and over Spring Break, we finally did it! Not only did we have a ton of fun, it was super affordable, thanks to some of our modern-day technology and marketing. I was able to buy some half-off vouchers for the Zoo a few months ago through Living Social, and I booked our hotel through Hotwire. (I promise this post is not sponsored!) I made sure that the hotel had an indoor pool and free breakfast by narrowing my search, and we got the Rodeway Inn by I-70. One additional perk I didn't know the hotel offered was free dinner. It wasn't the best food ever, but it was free! And not having to go to a restaurant gave us more time for swimming after dinner.
I only took a few photos at the hotel:
Merrick in the rollaway crib. He managed to grab Mark's hat from the table nearby and was amused with himself for the mischief.
The view from our room. We were close to the interstate, but couldn't hear anything from our room.
Mark and the girls in the morning. Karamea was singing along to the music on the clock radio.
Here is the run down of our trip (excluding gas):
Zoo: Tickets - $16 (regular price - $50) + $12 for carousel and train rides + $3.25 for popcorn
Hotel: ~$87 (including taxes)
Children's museum: $45 (no discount)
Total: $163.25! Not bad for a family of five for for two fun-filled days! I have a ton of pictures I want to share, so I'll be doing separate posts for each of our outings.




No comments:
Post a Comment