Since it has been a month an a half since Easter, I am going to try and keep this brief and just summarize what we did over the weekend. (And to make matters worse for even remotely remembering details, I am typing this while sleep deprived and traveling...) This Easter, we kept with a lot of the traditions we have done before. The Saturday before Easter, we attended an Easter egg hunt through the real estate office we used when we bought our house. It was cute to see how Merrick wanted to hug the Easter bunny.
Later on Saturday, we dyed Easter Eggs together.
Saturday evening, we tried a recipe for Easter Story Cookies that my uncle shared with me, and it was really cool how the recipe uses bible verses to tell the Easter story. Kaylee was really sad when we sealed the oven and I told her we wouldn't have the cookies until the morning. The kids weren't big fans of how the recipe tasted, but they enjoyed the experience and I think it was a good visual for teaching about the Resurrection.
Before church on Sunday morning, we took pictures of the kids all dressed up. Kaylee's dress and shoes were Karamea's outfit from her cousin Kinsey's wedding 2 years ago.
After church, we took a family photo, then headed to my mom's house for a casual lunch.
We also took a short walk to the golf course near her home.
It was a nice weekend, and I was glad that our celebrations weren't too extravagant, so we could focus on Jesus and reflect on God's unfathomable love for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment