Once again, we have embarked on our annual journey North. We are currently on our second layover, and have about 6 hours for this one, so I thought I would take the chance to blog about our trip's progress and possibly catch up on some other events from this spring. We took our annual family departure photo at the airport, and it is always fun to see how our family has changed over the years.
As I type this, it is 2:15 a.m. Alaska time, which means it is 4:15 a.m mountain time and the kids are sound asleep in the nursery at the Anchorage airport. They are totally conked out, and overtired, if I might add, considering we left our our house close to their normal nap time and they didn't sleep. They fared well on the flight to Seattle and the one to Anchorage wasn't too bad, all things considered. The girls only slept about an hour all evening, but managed to maintain their composure pretty well. One meltdown is pretty darn good, actually. We'll see how many meltdowns the parents throw down, since we have had zero sleep...but oh, we have the luxury of coffee to sustain us!
The airport nursery here is one of the best, in an enclosed room, with its own restroom, dim lights, and, perhaps best of all, none of the cheesy airport music that annoyingly blares at all hours here in Anchorage. They have updated it since last year, and it now features nice leather couches, two armchairs, some toys, and is decorated with four beautiful quilts. Mark is out with the dog; since out layover is over four hours, we had to pick him up. I am grateful for free wifi and smartphones; Mark and I have been texting to keep in touch without waking the kids.

As I type this, it is 2:15 a.m. Alaska time, which means it is 4:15 a.m mountain time and the kids are sound asleep in the nursery at the Anchorage airport. They are totally conked out, and overtired, if I might add, considering we left our our house close to their normal nap time and they didn't sleep. They fared well on the flight to Seattle and the one to Anchorage wasn't too bad, all things considered. The girls only slept about an hour all evening, but managed to maintain their composure pretty well. One meltdown is pretty darn good, actually. We'll see how many meltdowns the parents throw down, since we have had zero sleep...but oh, we have the luxury of coffee to sustain us!
The airport nursery here is one of the best, in an enclosed room, with its own restroom, dim lights, and, perhaps best of all, none of the cheesy airport music that annoyingly blares at all hours here in Anchorage. They have updated it since last year, and it now features nice leather couches, two armchairs, some toys, and is decorated with four beautiful quilts. Mark is out with the dog; since out layover is over four hours, we had to pick him up. I am grateful for free wifi and smartphones; Mark and I have been texting to keep in touch without waking the kids.
Oh, how I yearn to sleep!!! But at least I have blog to help keep me occupied. Only about three more hours to go...I can't wait for my nap later!

1 comment:
Kendra, your yearly pilgrimage always impresses and inspires me. It seems like you get better and better at it each year. So many things to juggle. I hope you have a great summer and I look forward to reading about your adventures here.
Post a Comment