Friday, December 24, 2010

All is Calm

This is the moment. The time when I will truly be able to focus on the real reason for the season, the deeper meaning behind all the glitter and lights, and the greatest present of all. For now, all is calm, all is bright. It is 7:01. Mark and the girls are fast asleep upstairs.

On the hearth to my right, a small nativity reminds me of the joys of having children, the excitement of the season. All of the Little People characters are lined up in a row, facing away from the stable. Karamea has been absolutely adorable this season as she learns more about Christmas. She loves the fact that it is when we celebrate Jesus' birthday. She even walks around singing "Happy birthday, Jesus". My mom recently gave her the Fisher Price Little People nativity set--and it has been a treasure to me to watch Karamea play with it. Sure, she sometimes says "Moses" instead of "Joseph", but even at almost two and a half, she gets it:

She lines up all of the characters, including Baby Jesus and faces them away from the stable and says they are all praising the Lord. Even in Karamea's world, the characters drop what they are doing, face the same direction, focus on God, and praise Him (even if just for a moment before a very active, mobile nearly-nine-month-old comes and snatches up one of the three wise men).

Ah, this was my moment, my chance to reflect. I love how God uses my children to teach me lessons (or re-teach, for that matter) when I open my heart, clear my mind, and listen. Kaylee is awake now, but I had all the time I needed this morning to focus and prepare Him room in my heart. Gotta run. Motherhood calls...Merry Christmas, everyone!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...