Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merrick at 10 Months

Merrick has changed so much over the last month! Here's a quick list of things Merrick has been up to lately:
-Pulling up and standing next to furniture a lot more
-Extending his hand toward someone or something to show he wants it
-Sharing food and toys by extending them out to others. I have never been so happy to receive a drooled-on cheerio in my life!
-Playing ball (I can never get a good picture of this in action; when I pull out the camera, he quits our game and crawls toward me!)
-Puckering his lips and making kissing noises
-Playing musical instruments

-Making more deliberate sounds, like "Ba" when we're playing ball, "Mama" and "Dada"
-He now has six teeth: Four on top and two on the bottom. He has been chewing on things and drooling more, so there are probably more on the way.
-Had his first stomach bug. :( All five of us had it, but it was a very quick one, thankfully.
-He still wears 9 month clothes.
-Has been sleeping through the night again!!! (Hallelujah!) We had a week or so where he was waking partway through the night.
-Switched to a sippy cup for drinking milk during the day. He's drinking less milk now that he's having two meals a day with solids, and I am only pumping once a day at work now.
-Merrick has had huge appetite lately! At dinner he can put away 6 cubes* of food plus even more finger foods like cheese, pieces of frozen blueberry, peas, cheerios, puffs, and little bits of bread or bagel.
*We make our own baby food for vegetables and meats and freeze it in ice cube trays.
-We had to erect the 'baby barricade' in our living room again to prevent access to the stairs (since we can't put a baby gate on the bottom three steps) we have also started using a baby gate between the dining room and kitchen.
That's about all I can think of for now; Merrick continues to be a joy and delights everyone with his easygoing, happy demeanor.
Photobucket

1 comment:

LindaCO said...

Such a beautiful boy. He looks like such a joy and I enjoy these monthly updates a lot. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...