If you have been to our home, or even if you've followed the blog for very long, you probably noticed the color of our kitchen. You couldn't have missed it. Shortly after our move in 2009, Mark and I decided we needed some color. We were going for a terra cotta color to go with the color in the tile, but what we ended up with looked like the color of a piping hot bowl of tomato soup most of the time. NOT exactly what we were going for. It seems we rarely get the color quite right when choosing paint, but usually it is something we can live with. Well, I guess we did live with it for three years, but it was time for a change.
We decided on the new color last spring, and even bought the paint on Mother's Day, but didn't get around to painting it until Thanksgiving break, and oh, my did that give us something to be thankful for!!! The effect was so calming, it felt like we had a whole new kitchen! Yippee for Soft Chamois!
I haven't helped paint since we moved into our duplex in 2006. Anytime there was painting to be done the last few years, I was pregnant and couldn't help. It was so much fun doing this little project as a couple and having both of us working definitely helped speed the process along.
I was so excited, I took a picture the next morning,
before we had even removed the tape!
Before and After








1 comment:
It's amazing what a coat of paint can do! I LOVE the new color, it's perfect!
Post a Comment