This post should go in the "Better Late than Never" category...We got a new point-and-shoot camera the day before Thanksgiving and I only recently got around to loading the pictures onto my computer, so that is why this post is a little delayed in making its debut here on the blog. We were at my mom's again this year and had a lovely time with my brother, my sister and her fiance, Uncle Larry and Aunt Keiko, and my Mom. It is our family's tradition to eat around 1 (or at least shoot for it), so we arrived around 10 a.m.
The girls enjoyed helping where they could, and we were all bustling around getting the food prepared...And the table set...
Here's the only shot I had with me and my siblings together. From left: me, J, Carrie, and Greg (Carrie's fiance)
The girls were eager to eat well before the meal was ready...I hadn't seen them around, and when I went looking, this is where I found them!
And they had fun playing around after the feast...
I think the group picture was taken with J's camera, so I will have to post that later once I get a copy from him. The day was a little bittersweet, since it could be the last Thanksgiving we spend in my mom's home, which is for sale, but I have already come to terms with that for the most part. On the whole, it was a nice day.
With some of the hard times our family has gone through over the last few years, losing my Grandpa on Thanksgiving 2009 and 9 months later, my dad, I was a little concerned that Thanksgiving would be a somber event. It ended up being really positive, and we all enjoyed our time together, embracing our family as it is now, which is what I think Grandpop and Pop would have wanted us to do.







No comments:
Post a Comment