It has often occurred to me to do a technology post about some of the things that I get excited about and things that really help me in my everyday life...but I have never gotten around to it.But yesterday I got so geeked out about a new tool that I might get for my classroom that I can't resist sharing! I have longed for a document camera for a while; it would make it so much easier to share German children's books and other things with students. Well, until recently, a decent document camera ran around $2000...So, totally out of the question. But today, I set my eyes on IPEVO. Talk about love at first sight. about a third smaller than document cameras and only $70! I can't wait!
And while I'm at it, I might as well tell you about another of my tech loves, Wunderlist. As a busy mom, wife, and teacher, it can be hard to remember everything that I need to get done. I can update my to-do list using my phone, computer, e-mail, and it syncs automatically!
I love that I can sort it by category, assign due dates, write notes, change the background...pretty much everything about it. Oh yeah, I forgot one tiny detail...it's FREE!
The last tech thing I want to mention is that I have added a widget on the sidebar of the blog so that people can receive e-mail updates whenever I post. Blogger settings only allow me to have posts automatically emailed to 10 addresses, but using FeedBurner, anyone can now get an e-mail whenever I post (which is likely to be helpful since I can be pretty sporadic about posting at times...)Happy March, everyone! I hope you're feeling as energized by the longer daylight hours as I am!

No comments:
Post a Comment