I took the day off today and we went garage sailing this morning. Even though we didn't find any thing we were really looking for (outdoor kid equipment, plastic patio chairs, booster seat, gas grill), I still found three cute items to bring home. I paid a little more than I would normally prefer for yard sale stuff, but I couldn't resist. I justified the extra price since my birthday is in a week and a half. But at any rate, these were still a bargain and I paid $14 for the lot. The rectangular dish ($5) is from the 1940s and the woman said that her mother had it on her dresser forever. (just where I envision it!) The plate with stand ($4) appealed to me because it kind of goes with the green wall in our living room. And the little bird ($5) just fits on the windowsill next to a brass pear bell that I inherited from my grandpa.I was thinking about featuring some of our previous yard sale finds here as well, and then I got thinking about how much stuff that is...and there's no need to post pictures of most of our belongings here. We seriously have heaps of stuff that we acquired at yard sales over the years or for free when I was getting my teaching license and we lived in on-campus family housing. Seriously. If you're curious, just ask me sometime. I love a good bargain.
Which leads me to one of my favorite yard sale finds. ever. When we still lived in the duplex, we used to be able to walk to some pretty good sales. I was walking Bear one morning and happened upon a yard sale where I got the mirror above the fireplace for $1! At the time we didn't have anywhere appropriate to put it, but I knew we would someday. And I think it is darn near perfect above our mantle!
Happy Friday,
3 comments:
Cute stuff! Don't you just love a good deal or a great find?! I LOVE the mirror above the fireplace!
Love it! Thanks for the shout out!
Oh my goodness, I LOVE that rectangular dish! So cute!! I have a confession: I've never been to a garage or yard sale! You might need to take me to one! =)
Post a Comment