Saturday, March 5, 2011

Faith Like a Child

"And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. 6 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. 7 Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up."
Deuteronomy 6:5-7 (New Living Translation)
---
We talk about God a lot around here, about love, Jesus, prayer, and heaven. I don't really know the day or the moment that Karamea first expressed her faith in God, but it is there, and has been for quite some time. Some things are still a little fuzzy (like the fact that Jesus isn't a baby anymore), but isn't that is what faith is all about? Even if all of the details aren't clear, faith is trusting and feeling secure in the fact that we are loved by God and loving Him in return.

There are very few things that bring me such joy as when Karamea shares some of her child-like faith and wisdom with me. Last week, we were hanging out at home with my sister and Karamea, after being quiet for a few moments, said, "I'm thinking about God."

This evening as I was putting her to bed, I told her that she makes me very happy, and that when she listens to Mark and me, or is kind to Kaylee, it makes me happy. I turned the tables and asked what makes her happy. Her response: "That God loves me." I then asked her what else makes her happy. She answered, "Jesus."

It was an amazing feeling, being so proud, and yet so humbled at the same time.
Thank you so much for that, my darling, sweet Karamea. I pray that your faith continues to grow as you do and that knowing God loves you will always bring you joy.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Tara Brown said...

So cool!!! She is so contemplative - what a treasure to see faith at such a young age!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo precious! That will never ever get old. I can only imagine the overwhelming joy that bubbles up in you when you hear that. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...