I have a confession to make. I am a total font geek. A fontaholic. It all started when I was the yearbook editor in high school and has continued ever since. I download free fonts from time to time, I honestly don't even know how many I have on my computer. Too many, probably. Yesterday, I happened across Alana; too bad it isn't free. I will just have to drool over sample images of it and wish I could use it in a project I am currently envisioning for our eat-in kitchen wall.

All images from: http://myfonts.us/6ssS7h
Here are some links to some of my favorite fabulous free font websites (say that three times fast!) in case you are interested in finding some yourself: Font Squirrel, DaFont, and Myfonts. This tool is really fun for helping find the name for a font: WhatTheFont
The project I have in mind is to design a series of layouts that have our traditional mealtime prayer on them to print and hang in our eat in kitchen. It's been in the idea stage for a few months; at this point, I don't know if I will ever see it through because I have very little working knowledge of Photoshop or other similar programs. Maybe this font will be free by then!
I cobbled the following image together using the font preview feature and taking screenshots:
And for those of you who are familiar with the prayer, yes, we changed it a tad. Years ago, Mark had the idea of adding the word family in the second line. It's just another wonderful example of the blending of traditions and ideas that happened when we started our own family.





5 comments:
Cute fonts. P.S. I'd still love to help you with gimp.
Thanks Mindy! I would still love your help too! It will just be a matter of figuring out when...But we'll find a time, I know. :)
I like fonts too. :-)
P.S. I posted a picture of what it looks like to go shopping with the kids. If you are interested check it out... It is my post on Shopping.
Selena-I saw that and meant to comment. Thanks for posting that picture! But it got me wondering, how do you get any groceries in there when you go shopping!? :)
I lift one car seat up and put the item in the basket and then put the car seat back down. I also use the area underneath the basket of the cart a lot. It is a whole production. :-)
Post a Comment