Note: Opa is what my dad wanted Karamea to call him instead of Grandpa. It is German for Grandpa. His other choice would have been for the kids to call him "Your Excellency", which would have been a mouthful, to say the least. I miss my dad's sense of humor...
---
Last night while I was putting Karamea to bed, we spent some time talking about Alaska. As I prepared to leave, I mentioned that maybe she could dream about Alaska while she sleeps. Without hesitation, and out of the blue, she replied, "No, I'm going to dream about Opa tonight."
"What are you going to dream about Opa?"
"I don't know, I'm just going to dream about Opa. He misses me."
"Do you miss him too?"
"Yeah."
"Me too, sweetie. He loves you very much. Sweet dreams."
Talk about melting my heart and turning me into a puddle.

---
Last night while I was putting Karamea to bed, we spent some time talking about Alaska. As I prepared to leave, I mentioned that maybe she could dream about Alaska while she sleeps. Without hesitation, and out of the blue, she replied, "No, I'm going to dream about Opa tonight."
"What are you going to dream about Opa?"
"I don't know, I'm just going to dream about Opa. He misses me."
"Do you miss him too?"
"Yeah."
"Me too, sweetie. He loves you very much. Sweet dreams."
Talk about melting my heart and turning me into a puddle.

1 comment:
So incredibly sweet. I am sure it hit you to the core.
Post a Comment