Exactly one year ago*, we welcomed Kaylee into our family. Wow. Where did the time go, my sweet Kaylee? It has been an amazing year and we are so blessed to have you in our lives. You truly bring so much joy to everyone around you. Happy first birthday!
*(No, I was not blogging at midnight (this time!) I pre-scheduled this post for Kaylee's exact time of birth.)
Here are some notes on what Kaylee is like these days:
Her sense of humor is growing...from playing peekaboo, to giving high fives, to shaking her head and just being silly and giggling. If we spread out a blanket on the floor, she crawls over to it lickety-split and flops herself down on her belly and laughs, just waiting for us to come over and rub her back. She sometimes does some "baby yoga" and thinks she's hiding from us, and will proceed to lift her head and laugh or roll on the floor.
Every day she is able to navigate her world a little better and has been walking even more lately. (She took her first steps around 10 months) We are pleased at how well she is picking up on the fact that she has to turn around backwards when sliding off of things or down the stairs.
She uses a couple of words that are definitely intelligible to us: up, ball, bear, bye-bye, hop, and she barks whenever she sees a dog. And her level of comprehension shocks me. Just the other day I asked her to bring her pacifier over to me (I was about 10 feet away) and put it in my hand...and she did just that! I think my jaw hit the floor!
I thank God every day for the fact that He blessed us with this happy, content, affectionate, determined, silly, independent, gregarious girl and I hope with all my heart that Kaylee continues to be the joyful little person she is now throughout her life.

*(No, I was not blogging at midnight (this time!) I pre-scheduled this post for Kaylee's exact time of birth.)
Here are some notes on what Kaylee is like these days:
Her sense of humor is growing...from playing peekaboo, to giving high fives, to shaking her head and just being silly and giggling. If we spread out a blanket on the floor, she crawls over to it lickety-split and flops herself down on her belly and laughs, just waiting for us to come over and rub her back. She sometimes does some "baby yoga" and thinks she's hiding from us, and will proceed to lift her head and laugh or roll on the floor.
Kaylee in downward dog/
thinking she's hiding
Come and tickle me!
She uses a couple of words that are definitely intelligible to us: up, ball, bear, bye-bye, hop, and she barks whenever she sees a dog. And her level of comprehension shocks me. Just the other day I asked her to bring her pacifier over to me (I was about 10 feet away) and put it in my hand...and she did just that! I think my jaw hit the floor!
I thank God every day for the fact that He blessed us with this happy, content, affectionate, determined, silly, independent, gregarious girl and I hope with all my heart that Kaylee continues to be the joyful little person she is now throughout her life.
Testing out her car seat turned forward for the first time before going to bed this evening. She didn't stop swinging her feet once!



3 comments:
So sweet! Her smile is infectious!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEE!!!!!!! Aloha from Tara and Autumn!!
I love her Downward Dog. I wish I could execute one so well.
Post a Comment