Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kaylee's Quips*

Kaylee's ability to interact with the world and the people around her has been increasing by leaps and bounds since her birthday a few weeks ago. Here are some little moments that show me just how big my littlest girl is getting...These things are all actions, but I am sure that it will only be a matter of time until I am chronicling Kaylee's verbal quips here too!
  • She showed me the other day that she knows what "gentle" means and that she can be gentle. We were playing and she started hitting my leg excitedly, and after I said "gentle" she immediately switched to rubbing her hands on my leg.
  • She recently crawled over to one of Karamea's socks on the floor, sat up, and held it up to her foot, showing me that she knew what to do with it.
  • We were reading a board book about a garden and she bent over to sniff the flower pictures in the book.
  • This one seems a bit silly, but when she had a runny nose last week, she was getting pretty good at blowing her nose into a tissue. (Parents of small children will understand the simple significance of that one...)
*This word just came to me as I was writing and when I looked it up to be sure I was using it correctly, and it just seemed to fit!
quip noun \ˈkwip\  1b : a witty or funny observation or response usually made on the spur of the moment

Photobucket

1 comment:

Selena said...

what fun moments that you are seeing come out of your little girl! I am the same way about the runny nose. I would be jumping up and down with joy that my kiddos could blow their own nose!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...