Monday, April 11, 2011

Karamea-isms 4

Oh, how the list of funny, odd, witty, and sweet sayings from Karamea grows.
  • Whenever she asks how to say a particular word in German, she says, "What is the word of ... in German?" She's more interested than ever in learning German and I am impressed at her ability to pick up the language so easily. Now I have anecdotal evidence to support the theory that kids pick up a second language so easily! 
  • This was a weird one: Karamea was walking past me as I reclined after a day of work and she stopped and said, "Mama, something is different..." I asked her what, and she replied, "Your feet...smell like...sweet potatoes." I laughed, then asked her what her feet smell like and she sat down, pulled her foot to her nose, looked up at me, smiled, and answered, "Sweet potatoes!" 
  • As I put Karamea to bed one evening, I told her I was happy and then asked if she knew why. Her reply: "Because I love you." She then followed up by giving me one of the biggest hugs ever along with some eskimo and butterfly kisses. Yes, Karamea, that is why I am happy. I love you too. More than words can even tell.
  • One more bedtime story...I was totally exhausted a couple nights ago when I put Karamea to bed, and after I prayed with her, I was almost ready to doze off when I heard her whisper next to me. I couldn't quite make out what she said, but when I asked her to repeat herself, she said, "You're supposed to go away. I'm sleeping."
Photobucket

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That last one is TOO cute. She is an adorable little one.

LindaCO said...

I like the last one too. They tell me that's a really healthy sign when they tell you to go away. :-)

Christine said...

I love this! She is too funny, and so sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...