Mark and I were watching the 10 o'clock news a couple months ago and a feature came on that brought tears to my eyes. The stories featured on this channel often hit a nerve with me, but this one was really close to my heart. It was a story about a woman who lost her mom at a young age and is now blogging about how she is able to connect with her mom through the articles her mother wrote for a local paper. The two connections of having lost a parent at a young age and blogging piqued my interest and I have followed her blog since.
She recently wrote the following post that I found so beautiful and couldn't resist sharing. It is timely as my Friday Find for the week as we approach Mother's Day weekend. I find it bittersweet, and her words serve as a good reminder for me to cherish the time I have with the girls when they are little, even if it can be demanding at times:
Today...Someday Soon
Today I woke up more tired than I was the night before when I went to bed, because I was up with a fussy baby half the night. Someday soon I will know what it is like to sleep through the night again.
Today I put on sweat pants, a sweat shirt, and didn't bother to do my make-up or my hair, because why bother looking nice when you are a giant kleenex and jungle gym. Someday soon I'll be able to dress nice, style my hair, and do my make-up.
Today I have eaten all of my meals cold, because every time I sat down to eat somebody needed something. Someday soon I will get to eat hot uninterrupted meals.
Today I have changed a lot of dirty diapers. Someday soon diapers will be a distant memory.
Today I had to sing every song from every video or cartoon my son has ever watched. Someday soon I will no longer be my children's favorite form of entertainment.
Today I have cleaned up so many little messes I start to wonder why I even bother. Someday soon my house will be spotless.
Today I will try to squeeze in everything that needs to get done during their 2 hour afternoon nap. Someday soon I'll have all the time in the world to get the stuff I want done, done.
Today I have tried to take a few moments for myself, and have been interrupted countless times. Someday soon I'll be able to workout when I want, sit and read a book, or complete a blog post in one sitting.
Today I will cook dinner, and then I'll cut it in to small bite sized pieces for my kids. Someday soon I won't need to spend forever cutting my kids food in to tiny pieces.
Today I will bathe my kiddos before bed, tuck them in, kiss their little cheeks, and be grateful it's bed time. Someday soon they will put themselves to bed and no longer require that kiss goodnight.
Today I will go to bed exhausted, and dream of someday soon. Someday soon I will go to bed and dream of Today.
She recently wrote the following post that I found so beautiful and couldn't resist sharing. It is timely as my Friday Find for the week as we approach Mother's Day weekend. I find it bittersweet, and her words serve as a good reminder for me to cherish the time I have with the girls when they are little, even if it can be demanding at times:
Today...Someday Soon
Today I woke up more tired than I was the night before when I went to bed, because I was up with a fussy baby half the night. Someday soon I will know what it is like to sleep through the night again.
Today I put on sweat pants, a sweat shirt, and didn't bother to do my make-up or my hair, because why bother looking nice when you are a giant kleenex and jungle gym. Someday soon I'll be able to dress nice, style my hair, and do my make-up.
Today I have eaten all of my meals cold, because every time I sat down to eat somebody needed something. Someday soon I will get to eat hot uninterrupted meals.
Today I have changed a lot of dirty diapers. Someday soon diapers will be a distant memory.
Today I had to sing every song from every video or cartoon my son has ever watched. Someday soon I will no longer be my children's favorite form of entertainment.
Today I have cleaned up so many little messes I start to wonder why I even bother. Someday soon my house will be spotless.
Today I will try to squeeze in everything that needs to get done during their 2 hour afternoon nap. Someday soon I'll have all the time in the world to get the stuff I want done, done.
Today I have tried to take a few moments for myself, and have been interrupted countless times. Someday soon I'll be able to workout when I want, sit and read a book, or complete a blog post in one sitting.
Today I will cook dinner, and then I'll cut it in to small bite sized pieces for my kids. Someday soon I won't need to spend forever cutting my kids food in to tiny pieces.
Today I will bathe my kiddos before bed, tuck them in, kiss their little cheeks, and be grateful it's bed time. Someday soon they will put themselves to bed and no longer require that kiss goodnight.
Today I will go to bed exhausted, and dream of someday soon. Someday soon I will go to bed and dream of Today.
No comments:
Post a Comment