We opted to keep things low-key this Mother's Day and just enjoyed a relaxing Sunday. Rather than a day of being put on a pedestal, it was more a chance to just spend time enjoying moments with Mark and the girls. (We had a really nice dinner with my mom Saturday night to commemorate Mother's Day.) Sunday started with a breakfast of pumpkin pancakes and then we decided to take a walk to the park. Since it was in the low 80s, we let Bear take a dip in the lake first and then found a shaded grassy area and kicked a ball around.
When we got back, I made homemade Macaroni and cheese and we pulled out the sprinkler and kiddie pool. Mark had popped out to run a couple of errands, but the girls and I had fun splashing around. I don't have a lot of time when it is just me and the girls, and it was really special to be enjoying the two little people that I am blessed to call my daughters. When I got them down for their naps, I tucked myself in as well--all that activity had wiped me out! A two hour nap was the perfect gift for me this Mother's Day.
While my day was very sweet indeed, I had many others on my mind today as I relished these moments as a mom. My heart and prayers go out to those who feel pain today, to those who are missing their mothers, those who are longing for the day when they become a mother, and those who have lost or had to give up children.

When we got back, I made homemade Macaroni and cheese and we pulled out the sprinkler and kiddie pool. Mark had popped out to run a couple of errands, but the girls and I had fun splashing around. I don't have a lot of time when it is just me and the girls, and it was really special to be enjoying the two little people that I am blessed to call my daughters. When I got them down for their naps, I tucked myself in as well--all that activity had wiped me out! A two hour nap was the perfect gift for me this Mother's Day.
While my day was very sweet indeed, I had many others on my mind today as I relished these moments as a mom. My heart and prayers go out to those who feel pain today, to those who are missing their mothers, those who are longing for the day when they become a mother, and those who have lost or had to give up children.




1 comment:
Beautiful post. I'm so glad you had such a nice Mother's Day!
Post a Comment