...pensive.
...relieved.
...concerned.
...hopeful.
...shocked.
...thankful.
...mixed-up.
The announcement of Osama bin Laden's death just about 24 hours ago has me thinking about things and I can't quite summon the words to describe my thoughts right now. I am unsettled by the jubilation shown by many in our nation because of the possible after-shocks and because, no matter when, or how, death is a serious, somber thing. Even if it is justified, or in self-defense. Even if the deceased was a monster. So I will stick with my gut feeling on this one: quiet relief, not revelry. Several friends have eloquently expressed some of the things I have been mulling over throughout the day today. Both posts by Jenn @ Crossing the Prairie and Jenn @ Knee Deep in Munchkinland are worth a read.
...relieved.
...concerned.
...hopeful.
...shocked.
...thankful.
...mixed-up.
The announcement of Osama bin Laden's death just about 24 hours ago has me thinking about things and I can't quite summon the words to describe my thoughts right now. I am unsettled by the jubilation shown by many in our nation because of the possible after-shocks and because, no matter when, or how, death is a serious, somber thing. Even if it is justified, or in self-defense. Even if the deceased was a monster. So I will stick with my gut feeling on this one: quiet relief, not revelry. Several friends have eloquently expressed some of the things I have been mulling over throughout the day today. Both posts by Jenn @ Crossing the Prairie and Jenn @ Knee Deep in Munchkinland are worth a read.
1 comment:
I whole heartedly agree with you. You should check out this post from TheArmyWifeDude
http://thearmywifedude.blogspot.com/2011/05/bin-laden-is-dead-why-am-i-not.html?showComment=1304396788472
For every action there is a reaction.
Post a Comment