I realized that I have shared the word everywhere but here, and that most people who read this blog knew this a long time ago, but this is an announcement that is worth writing more about: We are happy to announce that we are expecting our third baby in late February 2012! If you don't care to read the details below, that is fine with me; I wanted to write down the memories mostly for myself and for baby number three.
I've really been wanting to sit down and reflect on some of my thoughts and feelings surrounding this pregnancy, since we have known about it since mid-June and we announced it to our immediate families this summer. I shared the news with my side of the family at the beginning of our Denali trip when we were still in Anchorage. We had gone out to dinner at an excellent restaurant near our hotel and were enjoying dessert when I told them our news of expecting another baby. I wasn't very far along at this point, but I figured I needed to tell them so they wouldn't be too concerned about my utter exhaustion, weird eating habits, and possible nausea over the coming week we would be together.
In fact, my experience with morning sickness has been different with each pregnancy. With Karamea, I needed to snack in the afternoon to avoid feeling nauseous, but I never threw up. With Kaylee it was true morning sickness and the thought of my toothbrush would make me gag. And I did throw up. But this time, my "morning" sickness would hit me late in the evening as I was going to bed if I didn't eat some sort of snack. And again, I didn't throw up.
Needless to say, my family was thrilled and it was nice to have a little ray of sunshine and the hope of new life as we remembered my dad and scattered some of his ashes. We shared the news with Mark's side of the family after I returned from my Denali trip and actually gave his mom and dad a baby card. I don't remember everything that I wrote, but I think there was something about we hoped they would be visiting us in February so they could join us as we welcome this new little life into our family (and oh, if you don't mind, can you please stay with the girls when we're at the hospital....) :) They opened it when we were all sitting around in the cabin visiting, and it was fun to see the look of delight on their faces as they read and realized what the baby card was all about.
It was absolutely wonderful being in Alaska during my first trimester; I was able to nap when the girls napped (until Karamea lost her nap right around her birthday in late July), I didn't have to worry about dealing with morning sickness when I was teaching, and the stress level was low. It was a great time reflect on the changes our family will be experiencing in the coming year.
I was a little apprehensive about this pregnancy when we started contemplating having a third baby, mostly because of some complications I had with my blood pressure after Kaylee was born. But after considering everything and the risks of future complications, we decided to go ahead and try for this baby. Even though there are still minimal risks, I came to the point where I realized that there are risks in life no matter what, and that the risk in this case really is minimal. It took a while, but I got to the point where I was able to say that I had totally released those worries and just trusted in God and what He has in store for our family. And we are excited about life as a family of five!

I've really been wanting to sit down and reflect on some of my thoughts and feelings surrounding this pregnancy, since we have known about it since mid-June and we announced it to our immediate families this summer. I shared the news with my side of the family at the beginning of our Denali trip when we were still in Anchorage. We had gone out to dinner at an excellent restaurant near our hotel and were enjoying dessert when I told them our news of expecting another baby. I wasn't very far along at this point, but I figured I needed to tell them so they wouldn't be too concerned about my utter exhaustion, weird eating habits, and possible nausea over the coming week we would be together.
In fact, my experience with morning sickness has been different with each pregnancy. With Karamea, I needed to snack in the afternoon to avoid feeling nauseous, but I never threw up. With Kaylee it was true morning sickness and the thought of my toothbrush would make me gag. And I did throw up. But this time, my "morning" sickness would hit me late in the evening as I was going to bed if I didn't eat some sort of snack. And again, I didn't throw up.
Needless to say, my family was thrilled and it was nice to have a little ray of sunshine and the hope of new life as we remembered my dad and scattered some of his ashes. We shared the news with Mark's side of the family after I returned from my Denali trip and actually gave his mom and dad a baby card. I don't remember everything that I wrote, but I think there was something about we hoped they would be visiting us in February so they could join us as we welcome this new little life into our family (and oh, if you don't mind, can you please stay with the girls when we're at the hospital....) :) They opened it when we were all sitting around in the cabin visiting, and it was fun to see the look of delight on their faces as they read and realized what the baby card was all about.
It was absolutely wonderful being in Alaska during my first trimester; I was able to nap when the girls napped (until Karamea lost her nap right around her birthday in late July), I didn't have to worry about dealing with morning sickness when I was teaching, and the stress level was low. It was a great time reflect on the changes our family will be experiencing in the coming year.
I was a little apprehensive about this pregnancy when we started contemplating having a third baby, mostly because of some complications I had with my blood pressure after Kaylee was born. But after considering everything and the risks of future complications, we decided to go ahead and try for this baby. Even though there are still minimal risks, I came to the point where I realized that there are risks in life no matter what, and that the risk in this case really is minimal. It took a while, but I got to the point where I was able to say that I had totally released those worries and just trusted in God and what He has in store for our family. And we are excited about life as a family of five!

No comments:
Post a Comment